Thursday, June 12, 2014

Hello!

Hello family and friends!

It has been a great week. The second week of the MTC definitely goes by a lot faster than the first. I get to fly to Las Vegas tomorrow to get my visa, which I am so excited for. I 'm so glad it's come through and that I'll be able to go to Mexico on time. 

We had a special treat this week- Elder Cook from the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles came and gave the devotional on Tuesday. Of course, every devotional speaker we've had has been fantastic, but these men have a special spirit and witness of Christ about them. You can't deny that they are servants of God. 

We also got four new sisters and four new elders in our zone this week, which is awesome. I have pictures that I was going to try to send, but I don't think these computers work with SD cards...I'll try to figure that out. Anyway, we've been having a lot of fun as a district and a zone.  Sometimes it's hard to find a balance between having fun and staying focused, but the missionaries in my district are very dedicated to working hard and we've learned a lot together. We have some incredible teachers who have taught me so much about how to teach the Gospel. I'm not a very good teacher naturally, but with their guidance and the Spirit I've learned a lot and I can't wait to get to Mexico. 

I've only been on a mission for two weeks, but I never want it to end! I love this work and I love being a representative of Jesus Christ. Unfortunately I'm already out of time for today, but I want to share a thought with you all. One of the elders in my district said a couple weeks ago that the Atonement is "the most un-used resource in the world". I think that's true- Christ is offering it to us and so often our pride gets in the way of us using that Atonement. Let Him help you in whatever you may need, and you will see miracles in your life. I promise.

I love you all, and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Hermana Southard