Monday, July 21, 2014

Hello family!

I am so sorry, I am almost out of time, so this will be a super short email. But thank you so much for all of your emails! I love reading them and staying up to date on everyone´s lives.

We found a lot of new investigators this week and two of them have baptismal dates for next month. One of them is a woman that the elders who were in this area before us were teaching. She´s already been taught most of the lessons and attended Church three times, and is so ready to be baptized! We will continue working with her to prepare her for baptism. 

We are also helping to plan a few ward activities next month to help us find more investigators to teach. I´ll send you more details later, but I´m super excited for them. The ward members are eager to help us with the work, which is AWESOME!

One thing I love here in the mission is interacting with all the kids. We´ve met a lot, both in members´ families and on the streets and they are so adorable. I was talking with a six year old girl named Carmine last week, who is the granddaughter of a member. I appologized for not being able to speak very well and she told me, "Don´t worry! I was born here, so I already speak Spanish." It was so sweet and so comforting. Even though I have studied Spanish for a while, it´s still a process to learn to understand the people when they´re talking a thousand miles an hour (; Ha ha. Really though, I have been blessed to have a background in Spanish. It helps a lot!

I want to bear my testimony of the truthfulness of this work. I love introducing the Gospel to our investigators and helping them realize how much God loves them and wants to help them. He is there for each and every one of us. He knows us perfectly, and can comfort us perfectly when we need Him. 

I love you all, and hope you have a great week!

Hermana Southard