Monday, July 6, 2015

History repeats itself

Hey family!

Thanks for all your letters. I´m glad you had so much fun at Newport and on the 4th of July. 

I got a new companion today. I almost couldn´t believe it when they told us about our transfers because it is the exact same thing that happened when I was transferred to Durango four months ago: I arrived in week 1, and in week 5 my companion was transferred out, and my new companion was someone who I had already been companions with. Kind of crazy huh? My companion is Hermana Hernandez. We were companions here in Torreón for only 2 weeks, right before I was transferred to Durango. I am super excited to work with her. She is very humble and the sweetest, most caring person. She helped me a lot during the two weeks that we were together, and I know that this will be a good companionship. 

We had a baptism on Saturday and there was a problem with the water in the church, so they had to fill the font carrying water in buckets. They were only able to fill it until there was about a foot and a half of water, so our investigator had to sit on the bottom of the font and lean backwards to be immersed in the water. That´s an experience you won´t forget. I´ll have to send you the pictures next week, because they´re on my old companion´s camera and she promised to send them to me next Monday. My camera isn´t working right now....the pictures on my memory are fine, it´s the actual camera that isn´t working. I´m hoping that I´ll be able to get it fixed, and if not, I might look into buying a cheap one to finish out my mission. 

My feet are almost completely healed. I was able to walk normally all week last week, which was such a blessing. The medication I was taking were a couple antibiotics (one was an penicillin injection) and an anti-inflamatory, and the doctor also gave me an iodine that I diluted in water to disinfect my feet. No, I couldn´t bring myself to take a picture of my feet....sorry :) I just couldn´t/didn´t want to. I might regret not having proof further down the road. 

One more thing. I´ve been thinking about what we talked about on Mother´s Day about Dad and Mom coming to pick me up when I finish and I´ve decided that it is something that I would like to do. I really want to go back and visit my areas and converts, and I want you guys to see where I lived and worked here. The only thing is if you didn´t come pick me up I would be getting home on Thanksgiving Day, which would also be perfect because the girls would be out of school. We have interviews with our mission president next week, so I´m going to ask him if you guys could arrive earlier in the week or if it would be possible to work things out so that you come early and we can arrive home that day. But start thinking about how we would do everything, how many days you want to spend here, etc. and tell me next week so I have an idea of what you´re thinking so I can talk to him. Also, next week I´m going to email a missionary whose parents came to pick her up when she went home in April to see if they can give you info about how they planned everything.

Well, I love you all. I´m super content with this new transfer. I know that the Lord is going to bless us and that we´ll work together well. The area that we´re in is dificult, but I feel like the Lord is just waiting anxiously to bless us according to our faith and obedience. I know that things are going to get lots better :)

Love,

Hermana Southard