Monday, August 11, 2014

Hello Family!

Hello family!

I hope you are all doing well, and having a good last few weeks of summer before school starts. School starts here on August 18th. Their summer vacation was only a month long, but I think they might get a month off in December too. 

Any way, things are going well here. We had interviews with our mission president on Tuesday and he gave me some good advice. We also had a zone conference on Wednesday, which I loved. We did a group practice where we divided into groups and taught members of the church who then gave us feedback. It was an awesome practice, and I learned a ton. We have great zone leaders who always teach awesome lessons during zone conferences. 

Yesterday I sang in Church for the YW Program that the ward had. Two Young Women earned their medallions and moved into Relief Society, which is why they had the program. Sacrament meeting went almost a half an hour long, but it was such a good program and reminded me of how much I love the Young Women's program. The auxilaries in the Church are inspired. 

I'm short on time and don't have much more to say, so here are some pictures: 

1. We went to Pollo Feliz, the only Mexican chain restaurant that I know of. The people here love it!



2. A member of the ward. She sells candy, and we love trying the different Mexican candies after our lessons with her.


3. One of the Young Women who earned her medallion yesterday.


4. With my companion outside the church. Yesterday was her 24th birthday! It was the first birthday she celebrated without her twin and her mom, who also has the same birthday. 


5. This tree is jamica. They are everywhere here and so beautiful. They use the flowers to make agua de jamica, a drink. 


I love you all so much!! Have a great week. Thank you all for your love and support. I know without a doubt that this church is true. I have seen the difference it has made in my life and the difference it makes in the lives of our investigators. God directs this Church; He lives, and He and His Son love us. 

Love, 

Hermana Southard