Monday, October 27, 2014

Five Months tomorrow!

Hello family and friends!

We had a really special week this week. Diana was baptized on Friday and confirmed yesterday. I really wanted to send you a picture, but the computers in the internet cafe we're in today don't work with my camera :( But Diana is so, so special. I really feel like I was assigned to this specific mission for her. She has such a strong testimony already. She even shared her testimony with the taxi driver we were contacting on the way back from her baptismal interview!
It seriously has been such a joy working with Diana. She is so excited to finally be a member of the Church and I want so badly to return next year when she goes through the temple to be sealed to her kids. She has two kids, Diana and Rodrigo, who are 5 and 2. They are so cute! She's already taught them how to pray and it melts my heart. Little Rodrigo's prayers are always, "Mama, Papa, Nana, amen." Right now we're also teaching Diana's mom, dad, and brother. Her mom has a baptismal date for November 15 and says she doesn't feel ready yet, but we'll keep working with her to prepare her. 

Also, I wanted to thank you all for the prayers you've said on my behalf. I definitely felt like I had angles 'round about me this week to bear me up. I know that the Lord is protecting me because of your faith and prayers!

I love you all and hope you have a happy Halloween!

Love, 

Hermana Southard