Monday, October 13, 2014

Hello!

Hello family and friends!

I hope all is well! I'm already out of time for this week, but I wanted to share a scripture I read yesterday and really liked. It's Alma 46:15, which says: 

"And those who did belong to the church were faithfulyea, allthose who were true believers in Christ took upon them, gladly,the name of Christ, or Christians as they were called, because oftheir belief in Christ who should come."

I liked this scripture because a few verses before it talks about how the name "Christians" was given to the people of the Church by the dissenters of the Church. But the people took upon themselves the name gladly because for them, it represented their faith in Christ. I thought about how we should have the same attitude about being members of the Church; like the Bible says, we shouldn't be ashamed of the Gospel of Christ! We should be brave in sharing the knowledge that we have with others. Our recent convert, Juanita, is such a good example of that for me. She isn't afraid of sharing her testimony with her family members, even though they want nothing to do with the Church. But yesterday her mom's husband actually came to Church and we're now teaching him. He told her that he's seen the changes she's made and recognizes it's because she joined the Church, and he wants that. Because of her example he's now willing to learn more about the Gospel. How wonderful is that??

I love you all so much, and I promise a better letter next week. (: Have a great day!

Hermana Southard