Monday, December 8, 2014

Christmas is special...

Hi Family!

...Even here in the misión Christmas is special. This Friday we have an activity all day and a dinner with Pdte Ramos, and on Sunday I´m singing and playing the piano in a concert that the Young Single Adults are putting on. Hermana Mejia invited us to dinner on Christmas Eve and she told us that Santa Claus is going to come for us (: I am really happy to be in this Ward. I´ve been here for five months, which is a super long time, and it really feels like my Ward. I love the members and the área, and I hope I´ll be here at least for a Little while longer. 
 
Have you guys seen the new Christmas video the Church released? I don´t know what it´s called in English, but in Spanish it´s called Él es la Dádiva and I LOVE it! We´ve been doing a lot of contacting by showing people the video. We had to record it on my companion´s cámera to be able to show it to people....this is where an iPäd would be nice, ha ha. But it really is a beautiful video. (Go to navidad.mormon.org to watch it in Spanish for FHE tonight!) I don´t know if you remember the story I told in my farewell talk, but a year ago during my Women´s Chorus concert I had a really special experience where the Spirit testified to me that I knew that Jesús was the Christ, and that was why I was going on a misión, to share my testimony with others. Even though it´s sometimes really difficult, I know it´s a priviledge to be a missionary. I have to go, but I hope you know that I know without a doubt that Jesús Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. I love you all and I´m so excited to talk to you on Christmas! 
 
Love,
 
Hermana Southard