Monday, December 1, 2014

Happy December!

I hope you all had a Happy Thanksgiving! I loved seeing all of the pictures. We had our own little Thanksgiving celebration Thursday night after planning. I made pancakes and we decorated them to look like turkeys, and wrote things that we were grateful for on the feathers. My cute companion was so excited to celebrate, and it really meant a lot to me that she was willing to do something that meant so much to me. Even though our celebration was really simple, I thought afterwards that it was honestly one of, if not the best Thanksgiving I´ve ever had. I´ve realized that coming on a mission has made me so much more grateful for everything I have and all that I´ve learned and experienced. I´ve realized how much I love the Gospel, how much I love my family, and how much God really loves me and has blessed me. Before we ate I offered a prayer in English, thanking Heavenly Father for being so good to me, asking Him to protect my family, and to help us to be able to do His work the way He wants us to. It was a simple prayer, but a really beautiful moment for me. Hna López told me even though she didn´t understand it, she felt the Spirit. 

So here´s a funny moment from this week. We decided we wanted to start contacting with the Book of Mormon more. So we wrote a bunch of scriptures on little pieces of paper and while we were contacting had people draw a piece of paper and we would read the scripture they drew. We were doing this on Saturday when someone drew a scripture in Ether. While I was talking my companion was trying to find the scripture....and trying and trying and trying until we realized that the book of Mormon we were using didn´t have the book of Ether! It was super funny. 

As far as our investigators are going, please keep praying for them! Rosa and Roque´s baptism is now going to be the 27th of December while we wait a month for them to keep the Word of Wisdom. Also pray for the familia Cabral Ortega (the last picture is of us with Karla. We were all wearing yellow yesterday) We're praying really hard that they´ll be able to get married so they can be baptized. Pray for all of the new investigators that we´ve found, and pray that we´ll find new ones!

Well, I need to go, but I love you all so much! If you have questions feel free to ask them so I know more of what to talk about. I can´t wait to talk to you all on Christmas! I love you and I know this work is true. I feel like I can´t express my testimony very well over email, but I hope you know that I know without a doubt that this is the Church of Jesus Christ. We are so blessed to be a part of it. 

Love,

Hermana Southard