Monday, February 23, 2015

Conozca a los Mormones

Dear Family,

Hello! I don´t have much time to write today, but I wanted to let you know that I love you all! We had a really fun and kind of unusually busy week this week. On Tuesday we had a special conference with Presidente Ramos and as part of the conference we got to watch Meet the Mormons!! It´s coming out in theaters this Friday and they showed it to us so we could get the members excited to see it and invite investigators and contacts to see it. It is so good! I loved all of it, but especially the story of the football coach and the missionary mom. I was trying hard to not cry when I watched her story. And seeing all of the parts of Utah Valley was fun! Have you guys thought about sharing the movie with our family members who aren´t members of the Church? We´ve been promoting it a lot, and we´ve gotten a really positive response from everyone we´ve invited to see the movie. One missionary said something that I really liked: she reminded us that this movie was made by revelation, because the Lord knows it´s going to reach the hearts of many people and soften them. So we need to share it with everyone!

Besides the conference, we also went to an activity on Thursday that another ward in the stake puts on ever other week in the fayuca (tianguis in Durango), which is like a swap meet. They set up a big display of a certain Gospel topic and members and missionaries work together to contact the people who come to the fayuca and teach them there in the display. We also went two weeks ago and actually found a less active family that we´re teaching now. 

We also went to a stake youth activity with a bunch of other missionaries in the stake to teach the youth how to talk with their friends about the Gospel. We did a little skit where we were students in a classroom asking two members about what we believe- the first one was a ¨what not to do¨ and the second was a ¨what to do¨ if that makes sense. We talked to them about how they shouldn´t be afraid of answering questions respectfully and sharing their testimonies whenever possible, always inviting others to do something like go to Church or an activity. It was really fun. One thing I am so grateful for is that here as a missionary I´ve learned how to share the Gospel with other people, something I feel like I didn´t really know how to do before. But it´s something we all need to do all the time, because we as members of the Church hold the key to other people´s salvation and eternal happiness. And we are so, so bless for sharing it!

I love you so much and hope you have a great week! I was going to send pictures today but this computer won´t let me :/ until next week!

Love, 

Hermana Southard