Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy Father's Day!

These are a couple of excerpts from the email Ashley sent me for Father's Day last week...

Dear Dad,

Happy Father´s Day!

I wrote you a Father´s Day card last week, but there isn´t a post office in our area or even in our Zone, so I won´t be able to send it to you. So an email will have to do....
Over the past few months I´ve especially come to appreciate that you taught me to work hard and think critically, and never told us that we couldn´t serve in the Church or contribute to society because we´re girls. I don´t quite know how to explain my thoughts, but over the past few months we´ve been motivating the sisters to work hard and be a little bit more direct and diplomatic. The attitude that some elders had towards the sister missionaries has changed as they've seen that we can work just as hard as they can.  I've learned that both men and women can and should contribute to the Lord´s work, because at the end of it all it's His work, not the work of men (or women). I don´t know if that makes sense, and hopefully it doesn´t sound prideful....

Love,

Hermana Southard