Monday, January 26, 2015

Hola hola!

Hey family!

Thanks so much for all the emails! It sounds like it was a good week. I´m glad you had a happy birthday Mom, and Jenna, holy cow! Your show looks amazing! You have gotten so good and I´m so proud of your dedication!

I feel like I actually have a few interesting things to tell you these week. They´re all kind of random, but hopefully you enjoy reading them. (:
First off, Sabrina, my companion loves your name. Like, absolutely loves it so much she decided she wants to name one of her daughters Carmen Sabrina. And when I got the family Christmas card this week the first thing she asked me was, ¨Which one´s Sabrina?¨ Ha ha she loves you! I tell her all about all of you guys and I feel like she knows all of you. The other day I was telling her a story about us and she said, ¨Wow, you all have such distinct personalities!¨ It´s true! I love telling people about our family and sharing you with them, the people I have come to love so much. 

Also, I cracked myself up this week because my companion and I were talking about how we sometimes have a problem with members or investigators wanting to touch us on the arm or greet us a with hug and kiss on the cheek (which is the cultural norm) and I started singing MC Hammer´s ¨Can´t touch this.¨ My companion was kind of confused but I was dying, because that song should totally be the sister missionary theme song. 

We had interviews with the mission president on Friday and in my interview Presidente and I talked a lot about leadership and how to discipline people by teaching them the doctrine behind the missionary rules or commandments. He said to me, ¨Hermana, you have to learn how to discipline now because some day you´ll have to discipline your kids.¨ I realized that´s true. Presidente is always relating the things we´re learning as missionaries to our future lives. He is always emphasizing having our own families, and I really appreciate that he cares about our lives after the mission too.

After we left interviews, which were in the center of town, we realized that we didn´t have anywhere to eat for lunch, so we got permission to eat at the Subway that´s near the church where we had our interviews. It was Hermana Quispe´s first time, and I loved eating there again! It was a nice treat. 

Another random thought: on Saturday we had a young couple accompany us to a lesson and they gave us a ride in their little old car, which looks like a little redish clown car because it´s so small and square. I realized as we were bumping along in the back that I love old junky cars. They have so much personality, just like Donny. (:

Lastly, yesterday was a really good day. We had eight investigators come to church, which was awesome! It´s been a really good week, actually. We have three investigators with baptismal dates, all scheduled for February 21st. One is Roque, Diana´s husband. Another is a 12 year old boy named Juan whose family has been listening to the missionaries for about a year, and he finally decided that he wasn´t going to wait for his parents to be baptized, so we´re helping him prepare. The other is a 25 year old young man named Leonardo who we found after we contacted his mom. Pray for all of them so that all goes well and they can be baptized on the 21st!

I have to go, but I love you all so much! Thank you for the love and the support you´ve always given me. I am so grateful for the small part I have in the Lord´s great work. I know it´s true and that this is the true Church. I love you and hope you have a great week!

Hermana Southard