Monday, January 12, 2015

Les quiero!

Hey family!

Thanks for all your emails this week! I love hearing all the ins and outs of the family life. My companion and I were talking this week about how the Lord takes care of our families while we´re here. I know that things aren´t going to be perfect for you all while I´m gone, but I´ve learned to trust that the Lord will take care of the people I love the most while I´m serving Him. Really, He´ll take better care of you than I could, so I know you´ll be okay (:

This week was a pretty normal one. Actually, it rained a TON for a couple days last week and was super cold! It´s kind of funny because whenever it´s super rainy outside the missionaries are the only ones crazy enough to be out in the streets, ha ha. There were also a couple long days where it seemed like almost no one who we tried to contact was home...in 9 hours we taught three lessons. But we just keep going and hope that tomorrow will be better. I´ve learned that we have to talk to hundreds, thousands, even, of people in order to find the few people who are willing to accept our message. But when they do, everything is worth it. We had a lesson with Diana and her husband Roque yesterday (who is preparing to be baptized on Valentine´s Day) and before we started she shared with us a scripture she had read in D&C 19, when the Lord says that if we don´t repent we´ll suffer as He did in Gethsemane. She bore her testimony to us about the Atonement and how she used to not understand all that Christ did for us, but that now that she does, she wants to share it with everyone. It was the sweetest moment for me, realizing that she´s really had ¨a mighty change of heart¨. I love working with these amazing people!

Even though last week was pretty normal, this week will be pretty exciting. On Wednesday we have a special conference with Elder Dehoyos, and I´m super excited. And if I´m not mistaken, I think that´s who the Sandbergs´ grandparents work for? So I´m hoping I´ll get to see them! And I think I´ll get the packages that the mission office received. And then on Saturday we´re going to have a special activity as a District to try and find new investigators, so I´ll tell you how that goes!

I love you all so much and I hope you have a fantastic week!

Love from Durnango, 

Hermana Southard