Monday, January 19, 2015

I think I was actually called to serve in the Mexico Guadalupe Mission

Dear Family, 

Thanks for all your letters!  I hope you're having a great time at the cabin.  I took a nap today for the first time in 7 1/2 months (I haven´t been able to nap before) and now I´m eating chocolate covered raisins as I write this, so we´ll pretend that I´m getting a little bit of the cabin experience (:

So we had transfers last night and I´m still here in Guadalupe 2. We had a special conference on Wednesday with Elder Benjamín DeHoyos, the Mexico Area President (I´ll write more about that in a minute) and at one point he was talking about how important it is to keep good teaching records because we´ll eventually be transferred from the area and a couple of missionaries in my district were like, ¨Nope, not Hermana Southard!¨ Hermana Ramos heard them and was laughing and told me later that no, Presidente hasn´t forgotten about me here and that I am going to be transferred soon...which was why I thought I would be transferred today (side note: we decided that Presidente doesn´t tell his wife where we´re going to be transferred because if he did, she would totally tell us). But there are transfers at the end of week 4 and week 6 and we just ended week 4, so I think I´ll be transferred in two weeks. Even the landlord asked me last week if I was ever going to leave!

So the conference with Elder DeHoyos was really, really great. We talked all about strengthening recent converts and members in order to reach the Mexico Area´s goals for 2015. The Spirit was so strong and it was really a good experience getting to work with him. 

(Mom, I got the card and the package from Grandma, but still haven´t heard anything about the white envelopes :/)

We also had a special district activity on Saturday to find new investigators that didn´t have as much success as we would have liked. It´s always a bit disappointing when you work so hard and things don´t go as planned, but as I was telling our district leader, I know the Lord will bless us for our efforts. No effort to share the Gospel is ever wasted!

I´m already out of time, but I love you all so much! Thanks for your love and your support. Please pray for me to be able to do all that the Lord would have me do as I finish up here in this area. Pray for me to be able to strengthen my weaknesses, use my strengths, and always rely on the Lord. I´ll be praying for you!

Love, 

Hermana Southard