Sunday, March 15, 2015

A shorter letter this week...

 Hi mom and dad,

Sorry, but this week´s letter is going to be shorter....

Mom, I´ll send pics this week. I haven´t been able to send them the past few weeks because my memory wasn´t compatible with the computers in the internet café. 

So I was thinking about the youth you´re going to have over, and there are two different desserts you could make them. One is platanos con crema, which is super easy, but the hard part is I think you would have to go look for the two main ingredients in a Mexican store. They´re ¨la lechera¨ and ¨crema Lala¨. You just mix them together and pour them over sliced bananas- super easy. But you could also make arroz con leche, which is also easy, it just takes longer, like 45 minutes. You need rice, carnation milk, cinnamon, clove, vanilla, sugar, and a little bit of salt. You boil water with the cinnamon and clove, add the rice and let it cook, then add sugar, vanilla and salt when it´s almost finished cooking. Add the carnation when it´s finished cooking, and top it with raisins or walnuts if you want. You can eat it hot or cold, but I prefer it hot. (Also, something super random that I just keep forgetting: please tell Sharon that I loved the Christmas package! I got it around the end of January, but loved it!)

I´m sorry for the kind of dumb letter this week :/ but I´m safe, and happy, and working hard. Our investigator Eva Maria is going to be baptized this Saturday, and she´s so excited! We have been working super hard and there´s never enough time for anything, but please know that I love you all so much and think about you all the time. I´ve already started counting down the days until I get to talk to you on Mother´s Day, ha ha. (We´re at 62 days as of today). Give the girls a big hug for me. I love my family!

Love, 

Hermana Southard

pictures, because I´m out of time....
Hermana Villegas (who was just transferred)

Hermana Leiataua, my trainer

My new comp, Hermana Hernandez

We organized a ward activity last saturday, and the YSAs helped us pull it off.