Monday, April 20, 2015

a quick note

Hey family!

Sounds like you´re just going from vacation to vacation. That´s so fun though! I loved seeing the pictures of what you´ve done the past few weeks and look forward to reading your letters more thouroughly this afternoon. 

This week was pretty normal. Our mission president and his wife were in Durango for interviews and Hermana Ramos accompanied us for a few hours two different days. Of course the first day none of our usually regular investigators were there, so we did a lot of contacting with her. But she is an amazing lady and was such a good sport, walking around with us. In my interview with my mission president we talked about how to help the sisters here in Durango to have more baptisms (the mission goal is that every companionship baptizes every month) and he told me that the Lord is pleased with my work, and that I can still do more. I´m working hard to keep improving and growing every day, so that even at the end of my mission I can say that I kept improving and working diligently. In a district meeting we had last week we talked about how diligence is a constant, improving effort, and how we can show our love for the Lord as we diligently work and seek to improve every day. I really liked that, and I know it´s true. 

Next week I´ll have to tell you about the family we´re teaching that´s going to be baptized in a few weeks. It´s the first time I´ve taught a family and the entire family is preparing to be baptized. They´re the familia Ramirez Perez, and it´s been a beautiful experience working with them. 

I´m out of time, but I love you all so much and hope you have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Southard