Monday, April 13, 2015

My head is spinning!

Hello mi querida familia!!!

Oh wow, these have been crazy days. Last week were the zone conferences, and because we have sisters in both the zones here in Durango my companion and I went to both (on Tuesday and Wednesday) to help the zone leaders teach in the conferences. It was my first time teaching in Zone Conference, and I definitely felt more prepared for the second one than the first. I actually really liked being able to teach in the conferences, and attending both and getting to hear from all of the missionaries here in Durango. And I like that we get to hear the same material three times: first in Leadership Counsel, then in the two Zone Conferences, so I learn a lot each time. The first three pictures are from the Zone Conference with Durango del Valle, the zone that my companion and I are in. 

Then Thursday and Friday we had comp exchanges with a companionship, and Saturday our investigator was baptized! His name is Salvador Sanchez. My companion found him during a comp exchange about a week before I arrived in the area. They contacted him in the street, set up an appointment to teach him, and invited him to church. When they went to his house for the appointment he wasn´t there, but showed up that Sunday to Church by himself! My companion didn´t recognize him and went to introduce herself and he said to her, ¨Don´t you remember? You were the one who invited me here!¨ He stayed for all of the church meetings and they taught him afterwards for the first time. He accepted a baptismal date right away, and has been going strong ever since! He read the entire Book of Mormon before his baptism. And the baptismal service was so beautiful. The Zone Leaders baptized a family of six the same day, so we had the baptismal service together. The Spirit was so strong and it was so special watching so many people be baptized. As we were leaving I felt so good and remembered how Bishop Sybrowsky used say that after feeling such a strong spirit you need to eat ice cream, just like after winning a basketball game, so I bought us ice cream to eat on the way home :) It was a good way to end the night.

So as a mission we have a goal of teaching 50 lessons every week. Yesterday we still needed 10 more lessons, and we were literally running around to have enough time to teach. After a very busy day we managed to reach our goal! We were super happy. 

But, yesterday was our last day together. I got a new companion today, and.....surprise! It´s hermana Quispe, who was my companion in Guadalupe 2. I was feeling kind of overwhelmed last night with all of the change and new responsability this transfer brings, but we´ll be okay. Pray for me please!

I know this is the Lord´s work and I´m happy to be doing it. You know I wouldn´t miss out on a trip to Disneyland for just anything, but I am so happy to be here. I love you, but am happy. 

Love, 

Hermana Southard