Monday, April 27, 2015

what to write, what to write....

Hey family!

First of all, I am so excited to talk to you soon! I kind of can´t think of what to write because we´ll be talking soon, but I´ll do my best. ;)

Grandma, thank you so much for the letter last week. It brought tears to my eyes when I read that Luci is going to be baptized. Hearing that Luci is going to be baptized is a huge blessing and an answer to prayers! Have you thought about inviting the missionaries over to talk to her about baptism? You could even do an FHE and ask them to talk about baptism. They would love it, I know!

Also, you got a bunny?? How random is that?? I just about died laughing when I read Sister Lloyd´s instagram post that you sent me, about what Hailey said. She can be pretty pursuasive, can´t she? 

This week we began teaching a married couple that we contacted last week. When we contacted them they mentioned that they had seen the ads the Church has on TV and told us they had a bunch of issues in their marriage and asked us, ¨Can you help us?¨ We set up an appointment and when we returned we found out that they´re also having a lot of financial difficulties and were feeling really, really desperate. We took the dad to the Self-Sufficiency Center (I think that´s what it´s called in English...) and they attended Church yesterday. Today we´re going to have a family home evening with them and another family and talk about eternal families. We´ve only taught them once, but I already love them so much and want so badly for them to accept the Gospel because of the blessings I know it will bring them. I love this Gospel with all my heart and we try every day to talk to as many people as we can to share it with them. The week that we found this family we contacted well over 200 people, and it was worth it, because we were able to find two people who were prepared to receive our message and change their lives.

I love you all so much! I know I say that every week, but it´s true. I´m already out of time (I know I say that every week too) but I promise I´ll write more next week. We´re headed to Torreón this week for Leadership Counsel, so it´ll be an especially good week. 

Love,

Hermana Southard