Monday, May 4, 2015

hola, qué tal?

Hey family!

How are you all? I can´t believe I´m going to get to talk to you this week! From the time I arrived in the mission field until I talked to you at Christmas seemed like it would never arrive, and now I can´t believe we´re going to talk again. How ´bout we wait another month? Just kidding, don´t have a heart attack Mom, I´m very happy I´ll be able to talk to you :) I´ll be calling at 7:00 Utah time now...we had to make a slight change of plans. 

This week we went to Torreón again for Leadership Counsel (the first photo is of the Counsel- the Zone Leaders, Sister Training Leaders, Assistants, and Pdte and Hna Ramos). I love hearing from President Ramos. He spoke about how we can help our investigators attend Church, which is a challenge that we all face as missionaries. I think it´s one of the hardest parts of the work, getting people to go to Church. But here as a missionary I´ve come to appreciate even more the blessing of being able to go to Church every week to learn and to take the sacrament to renew my baptismal covenants. I love Sundays because we get to go to church, and it´s been so interesting attending Church here in México and seeing how the Gospel is the same all around the world. It´s also been so interesting and strengthened my testimony so much because there is such a dramatic difference between the members of the ward who live the Gospel every day and the people that we meet and interact with on the street. Living the Gospel changes our lives in every imaginable way, and the Lord blesses us with a much better quality of life. I am so grateful that we live the Gospel as a family, and I know that all of the blessings we receive are because we have the Gospel in our lives. 

This week is going to be another crazy busy one. We have two zone conferences on Tuesday and Wednesday and comp exchanges thrusday, friday and saturday. And on Saturday there´s a stake Mother´s Day activity, and the stake president´s wife asked me to sing as a part of the program. I am so excited! Even though you won´t be there Mom, I´ll be thinking of you. And I hope you know that the people here have taken such good care of me. In every ward I´ve been in there have been women who I´ve been able to turn to for help with any type of problem, and they have always treated me with such love and charity. ¨Charity never faileth¨. The pure love of Christ can always be found inside a virtuous woman who seeks to serve others and acts as a mother to all who need her care. I´ve been so blessed to be surrounded by mothers here in the mission, and have been blessed with such a wonderful mother of my own. I love you Mom! Everyday I realize more and more that I want to be just like you when I grow up. I love you so, so much, and I can´t wait to tell you that in person on Sunday (:

Love,

Hermana Southard