Monday, September 8, 2014

A short email

Hello everyone!

I don't have much to say this week, but I hope you all are well! This weekend was crazy. President Ramos called us around 5:15 on Friday night and told us that I had to be in Torreon the next day to sign some papers for my visa. A few hours later I traveled by bus with another sister who was being transferred to Torreon and two other elders who had to sign papers. We arrived at the mission home a little after midnight and stayed the night there. The next morning we got to have breakfast with President and Sister Ramos before we headed to the mission office to sign papers. It only took a few minutes to sign, but we stayed there for a couple of hours and waited for the sister who was being transferred to Durango and would ride back with us.

We returned to Durango right in time for the baptismal service for the other sisters serving in the ward. I sang "I Feel My Savior's Love" as a part of the program. It was a great evening. Unfortunately our investigator who was supposed to be baptized that night ended up getting really sick and wasn't able to be baptized. Hopefully she'll be baptized this Friday. 

I love you all and want you to know that I know that the Church is true! There is no doubt in my mind that it is the only true Church on the Earth. 

I hope you have a great week! Hopefully next week there will be more to write. (:

love, 

Hermana Southard

Zone during Zone Conference

Sisters in the Zone

Sisters in the Zone

Everyone who attended the baptism

P-day Ice Cream break

Casa de Helado - ice cream shop in our area