Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Happy Tuesday!

Hey family and friends!

Quick explanation: I went to Torreón yesterday to sign papers again for migration and didn´t return until after P-day had ended so I was unable to write. But, while I was at the mission office I received a bunch of letters that you´ve sent me....thank you so much! For the Dent family, I especially loved the post cards from Puerta Vallarta :) 

I only have a few minutes to check emails today, but wanted to share with you the highlight of our week last week. Our investigator Maricruz was baptized! I´m pretty sure the first lesson I taught here in México was to her, and I didn´t understand a single word she said ha ha. Maricruz is a very special woman. She has a hard time maintaining information and we´ve had to teach her on a very simple level. But in spite of her learning difficulties, she has a strong testimony that the Church is true. She even shocked my companion and I by showing up to Church by herself one week after she told us that she wouldn´t be able to attend because she was going to stay with her daughter for the weekend. Something ended up happening with her daughter´s car and she wasn´t able to go, so she came to the place she knew she needed to be! Her baptism was really special for my companion and I; we´ve worked with her for a long time, and it is such a priviledge to be able to share with her a part of the love I know Heavenly Father has for her.

There were transfers in the mission this week, but both my companion and I are going to remain in our area for a while longer! We are so excited and so motived to keep improving together. We have a couple really special investigators who are preparing to be baptized in a couple weeks, and it is definitely a tender mercy to be able to continue to help them together. 

Well, I have to go, but I leave you with my testimony that this Church is true! God lives and He loves us. My testimony is simple, but steadfast. 

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Southard