Monday, September 14, 2015

hola!

Hey family!

I hope you´ve had a great week! This was a pretty good week for us too. There were a lot of ups and downs, but that´s life, right? There are always a lot of challenges here in the mission but I know that it´s going to be that way all throughout my life. Actually, a couple of months ago I asked for a blessing (I ask for Priesthood blessings all the time- they´re a really big source of strength for me) and as part of the blessing I was told that Heavenly Father has many challenges and many blessings in store for me, and that I need to prepare myself to receive them. So I know that everything that I go through here is to help me prepare for life after the mission. 

The highlight of the week was definitely being able to attend the broadcast of the Mexico City Temple re-dedication. President Eyring and Elder Holland attended, as well as the Mexico Area Presidency and a couple of members of the Seventy. It was so incredible being able to be in the "temple" again, because the chapel becomes an extension of the temple during these sessions. Please don´t ever take the temple for granted! After 14 months of not being able to attend the temple, I was so excited to be able to attend the session on Sunday. As soon as we walked in I was overwhelmed by the Spirit and really felt like I was in the temple. I never wanted to leave! It felt so good to just sit there and wait for the session to start. And the session was incredible. Elder Paul B. Pieper spoke on how temple worship and sacrifice are related (in Spanish!) and I loved his talk. Elder Kent F. Richards also spoke (also in Spanish) on how we need the temple more than anything else in our lives. And Elder Holland´s talk was incredible. It seriously blew me away. He spoke on section 2 of Doctrine and Covenants and his insights were amazing. The Spirit was so strong during all of it. It was an unforgettable experience. 

Well, I hope you have a great week! I´ll be praying for you all. 

Love, 

Hermana Southard