Monday, September 28, 2015

oops!

I am SO sorry that I forgot to send this last week! I didn´t realize until I read your letter Dad when you mentioned that I didn´t send a family email. I typed it up but I guess I forgot to hit send. So this week you get two emails from me :)

Here is what I wrote last week:

Hey family!

I hope you had a great week! This week we were able to see a lots of miracles in the area. Yesterday a new investigator named Juan Carlos attended church for the first time. The Zone Leaders contacted him and passed us the referral and we set up an appointment for Saturday in the evening. While we were looking for his address we actually contacted him and a friend who were sitting outside without realizing it was him and even though his friend tried to shoo us away he made his friend listen to us as we introduced ourselves and then asked, "Are you looking for anyone in particular right now?" When we replied that we were looking for Juan Carlos he explained that it was him and let us share a message with him right there. His friend also listened to us and even though he was friendlier while we were teaching, when we were inviting him to Church he was saying things like, "Don´t rush in to anything, blah blah blah" and when we left my companion said that she felt like we had the shoulder devil there trying to convince Juan Carlos to not commit to anything. Ha ha, but the good news is that he went to church yesterday and has a baptismal date for the 24th of October. He has a really sincere desire to change his life, and I think he´ll progress a lot. 

We are also going to have a baptism this Friday! Our investigator is named Alejandro. He was one of the investigators of the sisters who were in Central 1 who we inherited when they closed the area. He´s such a special investigator. He´s in a wheelchair and has physical and mental disabilities but has progressed so well. I´ll send pictures and more info about him next week :)

On Tuesday we had to be in the house early because the 15th is Mexico´s Independence Day. I was feeling pretty patriotic with my Mexico t-shirt, flag, and Mexican hot chocolate, while my comp was singing hymns in English and eating PB&J. I made her try PB&J last Monday and even though she acted like she didn´t like it I caught her making it on Tuesday night :) It was the first time she had tried peanut butter!

I love you all! My time is up, but I´ll talk to you next week. I know the Church is true and that this is the Lord´s work. Have a great week!

Hermana Southard